Disclaimer: Fancy Travel Hacker is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as Milevalue.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Capital One® Venture X Rewards Credit Card is a relatively new card, launched in November 2021. And it has gained a huge following in just a short amount of time, for good reason.
We love this card and I definitely recommend it. How do I justify the $395 annual fee?
- $300 travel credit when booking travel in their portal (I recommend this for hotels & rental cars – be sure to check cancelation policies before booking)
- Access for yourself PLUS 2 guests to Capital One lounges, Priority Pass & Plaza Premium lounges – With our family of 3, I value this at $75/visit for lunch/dinner
- You get 10,000 Capital One Venture Rewards Miles annually (I value at $100)
- $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA pre-check (literally a GAME CHANGER!)
- A very generous sign up bonus of 75K miles when you spend $4K within 3 months
Capital One® Venture X Rewards Credit Card has a huge list of transfer partners. Meaning, you can transfer these miles to book flights on AirCanada, Air France, British Airways, Emirates, Singapore Air, Virgin & more!
My recommendation would be to use 2 player mode and collect 191K points. How?
- Player 1 (you) apply for card, meet minimum spend of $4K in 3 months, receive 75K miles sign up bonus +8K miles from spend
- Refer player 2 (spouse, partner, travel buddy), get 25K for referral once they are approved
- Player 2 meets minimum spend of $4K in 3 months, receive 75K miles sign up bonus +8K miles from spend
- Total miles 191K
How to make the most with these miles:
- Fly your family to Paris (or dozens of other European cities) by transferring Capital One Venture Rewards Miles to FlyingBlue (Air France’s frequent flyer program). With Air France, you can usually get round trip in economy for 30 – 40K miles (per person), so you’ll easily have enough for a family of 4. Then use your combined $600 travel credit to book lodging through the Capital One travel portal.
- Transfer miles to British Airways to fly your family from Los Angeles to Maui for 13K miles each way, per person.
- Transfer your miles to British Airways and fly from Dallas to Cancun for 9K miles each way, per person. Dallas also has the super fancy Capital One lounge, which you’ll have access to with your card.
- Splurge on a business class flight on amazing Singapore Airlines for 81K miles per person from Houston, Texas to Manchester, England (this flight would cost over $2K per person if paying cash!)
This card is a keeper for me. It earns 2 miles on EVERY single purchase, which adds up quick. While I wouldn’t use this for groceries or restaurants (Amex Gold suggested for those, at 4 points per dollar), there are lots of places where I can only get 1 point/mile per dollar, so using the Capital One® Venture X Rewards Credit Card definitely helps.
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.
Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.