Disclaimer: Fancy Travel Hacker is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as Milevalue.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
WHICH CAPITAL ONE CARDS ARE BEST FOR EARNING MILES?
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card – My favorite if “extras” are your thing… great airport lounge access, $100 credit for TSA Precheck or Global entry, $300 travel credit for Capital One travel portal & more
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card – Less benefits but still earns 2x points on each purchase
- Capital One Venture X Business – Amazing sign up bonus if you have large spend, all the benefits of the Venture X personal card
Capital One Venture cards are really straight forward. You earn 2x miles for every dollar on every purchase.
SHARING & COMBINING MILES:
You CAN transfer your Capital One miles to anyone, as long as they have a card that also earns Capital One miles. You’ll just call the number on the back of your card to make the request.
If you have 2 Capital One cards that earn miles, you can combine those miles by clicking the “Move Rewards” box in the “How would you like to use your miles” screen.
TRANSFERRING YOUR POINTS TO A TRANSFER PARTNER
Login to your Capital One account. On that main screen, you’ll select “View Rewards”…
Then find the “Convert rewards” box….
Then you’ll see Capital One’s long list of transfer partners…
Find the partner you want to transfer points to and follow instructions.
TIPS FOR TRANSFERRING POINTS
- Let’s say you want to transfer points to Emirates. You must FIRST have an Emirates account set up. So head to Emirates website and create an account. Make sure your name on your Emirates account matches the name on your credit card EXACTLY (no nicknames, abbreviations, etc)
- It is very tempting to do a “test” transfer, however it is no recommended because when you go to do the real transfer a few minutes later, it can get flagged as fraud because the system sees transfers within a short time frame.
- I STRONGLY recommend you do NOT transfer points until you’ve found the EXACT redemption you want and are 100% ready to book. Award flight availability are changing all the time – an award flight you found this morning may be gone tonight.
Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.